Ohm, My Lord!
"Resistance is futile, and utterly inefficient."
Overall info Info
Project Code on GitHub Download
Download the game! (Build)
Ohm, My Lord!
Teaching electronic circuit basics to noobs, in a fierce bullet hell roguelike combat scenario.
The game features a procedural map with electronic components that come per room and try to kill (short circuit) the player. Some of these enemy NPC components can combine (such as a potmeter and an LED) to become more powerful, new synergetic entities. Enemy AI is aware of this, and its surroundings regarding other NPCs, making them act out on logical desires/combinations at certain circumstances.
To name a few of the current NPCs in the game, you have an LED. This is a medium-ranged enemy that shoots electrical bolts. As a contrast to this you also have the POT (potmeter) enemy. This is a slower, more close-ranged enemy relying on stronger melee attacks.
These electronic components can combine forces to form electrical circuits (Boss battle-esque / Circuit maze encapsulating the player) which adds more depth to playstyle, and strategy & complexity to the overall game.
A hectic, electrifying AI-driven Roguelike Dungeon Crawler / Shoot Em Up for one player.
For all ages
The entire game is made in the Unity engine.
The concept, all the mechanics, sounds, music, art/visuals and design choices were made by me.
This project contains the following regarding AI:
- NPC react to each other
- Prioritising target enemy, fighting each other
- NPC react to environment
- Finding Charging Dock (for regaining health)
- NPC react to player
- Attacking & Chasing
- NPC has at least 2/3 behavioral states (Idle doesn't count)
- Chase & Attack (+ When hit target & fight with other NPCs)
- Flee & Recharge (Prioritising health > damaging targets)
- Custom NPC Synergy-Combo System, based on priority & situational efficiency
- NPC has pathfinding algorithm (Planner AI, A*, Dijkstra, Potential Fields, Boids)
- Enemy NPCs use an A* pathfinding algorithm
- Behavior Tree (self written)
- With Action, Timer, Sequence, Selector and Inverter Nodes inheriting from an interface -> abstract class architecture.
|W A S D||Move around|
|Mouse||Move aiming reticle around|
|Left Mouse Button||Shoot electric bolt|